The Contents of this blog is licensed for
Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported
© Santosh Subramanian

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Stephenson's Rocket


This is a replica of the modern Steam Locomotive - Widely known as Stephenson's Rocket. This photo was taken from the Benjamin Franklin museum of Science in Philadelphia. I personally felt that it was too early to take my 2 year old daughter to this place, but if there is an opportunity, I would definitely like to bring her here after 7-8 years. It kind of took me back to my highschool and graduation days - Steam engine, Berneoulli's theorm (hope I spelled it right :) ), The four compartments of our heart, what is an air-lift, piezzo & pyro electricity et all...

This replica was placed with a special kind of lighting and also to allow the white light to flow in through the window. I found the lighting pretty interesting and tried to capture this photo in real colors.

Taken on 2n Sept 2007 using a Nikon D50, exposure 1/8th of a second, manual focus, no flash

0 comments:

© Santosh Subramanian – Some rights reserved - Under Creative Commons

Social Network

I also blog at
---> Paadamudra

Find me on
---> Facebook
---> LinkedIn

Recent guests from...

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP