The Contents of this blog is licensed for
Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported
© Santosh Subramanian

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Rhythm divine - Sequel to Little toes

Though a sequel to Little toes, there is a story behind this...

We bought this drum from a road side vendor for Rs. 100/- (Obviously after a hard bargain...) and the idea was to gift it to my daughter so that she can have some fun time with it. Music & musical instruments are very close to my heart and I play a few of them. I personally feel that it enables people to live very close to their heart and more importantly be very human and compassionate to others. Recently I was fiddling with this drum to try the different tension levels (some habits die hard!) and figured out that it is a genuine one made out of jackfruit tree cylinder and buffalo skin and when properly tuned, it reverberates very close to Chenda (An instrument -Asuravaadyam - played in the temples in Kerala during festivals).

I feel sorry for having done so much of the hard bargain and was thinking about his situation that would have driven him to sell it to us for a meagre 100/-, if not anything I should have valued the art piece and given him a fair deal.

0 comments:

© Santosh Subramanian – Some rights reserved - Under Creative Commons

Social Network

I also blog at
---> Paadamudra

Find me on
---> Facebook
---> LinkedIn

Recent guests from...

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP